Monday, February 27, 2012

Week 8 Begins: What's Your Strong Finish Strategy?

While weight loss and fitness is a lifelong pursuit, there are only 5 weeks remaining in our competition.  The results look good thus far, though I believe many of you are only half-heartedly focusing on your program.  What can you change, today, to finish strong, and continue on the path you've begun?

  • Be honest about your food intake.  Do you keep allowing yourself "cheat" days?  These effectively cause your body to have to restart, as if you haven't done any work at all.  Stop cheating.  Start winning!
  • Even if you just don't have time to work out, or if life is too hectic to fit a routine into your program, make the time to walk.  Walk the stairs.  Park far away and walk.  Right after dinner, take a walk around your neighborhood.  And, talk a closer look at your schedule.  I'd bet you make time for TV.
  • Keep aligned with your partner.  Keep each other accountable.  Just because this is not top of mind every moment of the day doesn't mean it shouldn't be top of mind at least twice a day.  Call, text, stop by...check in with each other.
For some of you, fatigue has set in.  Lack of motivation has begun to rule your resolve.  This is when you must look to your team to support your continued participation.  This is why we're not doing this alone.  Take advantage of the support offered by each of your team members to help you with success.

What's keeping you from being the best you possible?

2 comments:

  1. Now is more important than ever to have total control over my food intake. Over the weekend I suffered a neck injury so now I'm not allowed any strenuous training for the next 2-3 weeks. I can however do light jogging and walking. So moving forward I will have to up my cardio and be strict about my diet. What a time to have to be sidelined!! I can't afford to cheat a little bit and hit it hard in the gym to make up for it.
    On another note, the quitting smoking is going fairly well. I haven't been able to quit completely cold turkey. Since Sunday I have only had between 1/2-1 cigarette each day. Need to buy more gum or something to fill that vice. Thanks all for the encouragement so far!!
    Here are 2 quotes that I really like and apply to all of us...
    "When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."
    ~ Unknown
    "Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can."
    ~ Unknown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay....so I am EXTREMELY BUSY this weekend..... I won't bore you with the details. If you had been at the Team Lunch you would know as I shared then, full disclosure....any how my wish for all of you.
    HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND....DONT LET IT BE A WEAK..END to the week.
    Here's to weighing in on Monday and leaving with a smile.

    ReplyDelete